Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Guided Practice for Coping with Loss

As much as we all fight against it, loss is an inevitable component of life. We lose friends. We lose loved ones. We lose fantasies about life. We lose jobs. 

We are continuously experiencing cycles of growth and loss and making it through and out of these cycles is actually one thing that makes us stronger (cue Kelly Clarkson song now). However, that doesn’t mean that going through these experiences is easy, and we need to be able to build up our resources to draw from during difficult times. We know that social support, spiritual or existential beliefs, meaning-making, and finding positivity despite the loss can all help with managing losses in life. I want to give you one more tool to use. 

Guided Meditation for Grief: Mindfulness Practice for Coping With Loss

Therefore, I have structured this guided practice as one resource you can use when you are going through some sort of loss in your life. This is best suited for times when you are ready to do some emotional and thoughtful mental work, but ideally it will motivate and recharge you rather than feel depleting. It is my hope that you leave this making steps toward making meaning out of the loss and feeling slightly less isolated or alone than when you started. Please return to this as necessary, we often have to engage in this sort of practice multiple times to reap its full benefits.