A

Weekend Check-In: Saturday July 23rd👻 🇳🇱

Hey everyone, how are you today?

It's weekend and this weekend, it means your daily check-ins will come from two Dutchies. Our adventurous Lea will be your tomorrow and today, I'll be keeping you of your workout, errands, coffee and other important stuff you need to take care of today.

Before I'll talk a bit about those important things, I have an optional question for you. Those have become a little tradition in the Weekend Check-ins, and the new FB lay-out inspired me to ask you this one.

So here it is (drum roll): what kind of Blender are you? Are you:

A. The FB Conservative. The conservative doesn't need all that new content. She/he was happy with Kelli and Daniel and will stay away from the videos of the new trainers. Reluctantly, the conservative uses the Plus option to put together a routine, because that helps to filter all her/his favourite K&D videos in one routine, but that's as far as she/he wants to give in to all the changes. Her calender nowadays is one showing mainly self-scheduled workouts, which makes her/him a little nostalgic, thinking about those times when all programs were K&D only.

B. The FB Whimsical. The FB Whimsical mixes FB workouts with other internet trainers and with her/his own activities. She/he may stick around for a while, planning to follow a routine or a program, but in reality, swaps 75% of the scheduled workouts for something else. Her calender is a colourfull mess because of all the rescheduling, custom workouts and missed workouts.

C. The FB Flexible a.k.a. FB Loyal. The flexible takes it as it comes. No pressure. A new trainer or release? Great, because that makes today's workout choice really easy. The flexible adds every new challenge or program to her/his calender, which gives a nice view of blue lines. The flexible is curious about all the new content and tries it if it comes in handy. As long as it's Fitness Blender.

D. The FB Omnivore a.k.a. the real FB-a-holic. The omnivore embraces all new content like the Very Hungry Caterpillar. She/he cooks FB recipes, sees it as a challenge to tackle every new workout that's released, or at least reads the description. She/he meditates on a daily basis, quit yoga school because of Marina and moulds her/his self care around Haley's articles. The calender gives a colourful view, with double lines and ticked boxes on all days.

I am somewhere in between the Conservative and the Flexible. I waited for a while when the new trainers appeared, not knowing what to expect (and I knew Kelli's and Daniel's workouts were great, right?). When I gave Tasha's video's a try, I was hooked, The introduction of the other new trainers went similar, and now, I'm not picky anymore. I only leave Marina's workouts for what they are, because yoga isn't my cup of tea. But I must say, when I want a thorough, traditional lower or upper body strength workout, I'm back with Daniel. As for other contents: I don't cook, so I'm not using FB recipes, and I don't read articles or meditate, which adds to my self-diagnosis as a FB Conservative. But I'm probably a bit of a FB Loyal too, a Workouts-only and freestyling one. So, Blenders, what kind of FB-a-holic are you? Pick one of the above or come up with your own characterisation.

Now that we're talking about workouts, I for once have a nice bridge to one of the main parts of the chekc-in: are you working out today? Or are you resting, celebrating the weekend, doing nothing or being adventurous outside? For me, it will be the last option. My body is still sore from Tasha's long strength workout (my Thursday workout after a two week break because of Covid - not the greatest first after being ill, I admit). I've added the You vs you challenge to my calender, starting tomorrow. Today, I'll hop on my bike again. The weather looks promising and when it warms up, I hope there will be lots of butterflies to spot.

I'm out of nice transitions, so I'll go to food straight away: what will you be eating before or after your workout and other activities today? I just had oats, fruits and coffee while writing this and that's as far as I've come with today's menu. Peanut butter is off the table for a while, until my tastebuds are working properly again. I do have some strawberries to use up, later. To give the food part of this check-in a minor Dutch edge: I'll probably finish that piece of aged Gouda cheese today as well.

Of course, I can't leave you guys without sharing a picture. Today, it's a butterfly. It's an Old World Swallowtail. I believe Ingeborg has those in her garden (if you ever need a house sitter during butterfly season, please give me a call, Ingeborg!), but I had to travel to the east of the country to spot one. I hope you enjoy its colours like I do.

That's it from me, today. I'll leave you to the important stuff of life. Tomorrow, my Dutch fellow 👻 will be entertaining you here. Happy Saturday and see you around!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited