HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 21th

Hello everyone.

“Do not waste time thinking about what you could have done differently. Keep your eyes on the road ahead and do it differently now.” – Karen Salmansohn

A reminder for everyone who tends to dwell on the past (about 95% of the population? 🙃).

I read in yesterday’s HKS that there will, probably, be no HKS on Wednesdays and Fridays the coming weeks, with Julia and Ashley enjoying their vacations. Maybe this isn’t such a problem; sort of a small summer break? I see that there isn’t a huge amount of posts most days, and check-ins are still possible in the other daily threads, on Wed/Fri. Five days of HKS still seems very reasonable to me. However, I’m curious what you all think about this. 🙂

On that note, I will be ocupado on 11 August, can anyone fill in for me then? I don’t like to ask, especially now, but there’s a week coming up which I’d like to spend mostly offline (going on a small vacation in my own country), and it’s really important to me as nowadays I don’t have many chances to get away.

Then, what we’re mainly here for: what are you doing today in terms of workouts/exercise?

It’s a cool (17c/62F now! 20c/68F LOWER than just two days ago! 😲) day here, with lots of rain. I hope to go for a walk later today, hopefully an umbrella will work wind-wise, because I don’t want to enjoy a portable sauna in my rain coat. 🥵 Do breathable rain coats exist?! Before the walk, I’ve planned https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/build-a-booty-workout-strength-and-pilates-workout-for-butt-and-thighs. It’s really fun that I can see now how many times I’ve completed a workout. This one only twice (well, since I joined this community in May 2020, that is – in 2018 and 2019 I’ve done heaps of FB workouts that I’ve only noted on my old-school, offline calendars). It’s still warm in my house even though I’ve been desperately trying to get in fresh, colder air, so I hope I can complete the workout without getting overheated.

Hope you all have an enjoyable (or at least not awful) day! Try to be proud of the exercise you get in today, whether it’s a walk or PT exercises or weighted lunges. Or nothing at all – sometimes your body needs a break.