HKS (Healthy, Kind & Support) Accountability Group July 19th

Good Tuesday morning Blenders!

It is 2am and I can’t sleep. I actually started falling asleep around 6:45pm and went to bed around 7:30pm last night. I don’t know why I felt so exhausted and couldn’t keep my eyes open. But now I pay the price by being awake in the middle of the night.

My mind was going all over the place when I woke up. Among many thoughts crossing my mind are preparations for David’s upcoming 40th birthday on Saturday. We don’t do parties, but I made a reservation for us and his parents at his favourite restaurant and I created his birthday card and sent it off to print. I was just looking up carrot cake recipes, as it’s one of his faves. The plan is to bake it Friday afternoon, when I finish work early. And I have been looking at charcoal grills as his present, as he keeps talking about one that his friend bought, but that will require him bringing it up to our apartment and putting it together.

40 is a big milestone is life. I had no big reaction when I turned 40 years ago, but as I close in on 50 (I am older than David), it is starting to weigh heavily on my mind. But age is just a number, right? The goal is to be fit and strong at any age. The FB community offers great examples of people staying active and not letting age get in their way.

So how will you be keeping fit today, physically and mentally? I plan on going for a 20-minute walk first thing this morning and tackling day 4 of the Mass Challenge early in the day, as I will have a 4-hour Teams call this afternoon and I know I won’t be in the mood to work out afterwards.

As a reminder, Ashley won’t be able to host the thread for the next three Fridays, as she will be travelling to visit her family here in Canada, so if you are available to host, please let us know, it will be greatly appreciated.

Have a fantastic day everyone!