Weekend Check-In: Saturday July 16th

Hello my darling Blender Ladies,

This is your favorite weekend ghostess speaking. No no, don't bother denying it, I know you ladies are dying to read what I've come up with this time.... Okay, or I'm getting a big head here or the heat is finally getting to me. Let's blame the heat, shall we?😜🥵

So, how are we doing this morning-noon-afternoon,already tomorrow? I'm (not) looking forward to yet another lovely day in this heatwave, but at least it seems for the moment we've got a nice breeze going. So I've strategically opened up some windows so that the wind can blow a bit through the house. But I've started rambling again and that's not what we're here for...

Yup, my ghostingly weekend topics/slash questions. And today's has got to do with FB. Don't you just love the new features Brandon has just given us? But that's of course not my question, in fact it's more like a few questions in one. I know most of you here are part of FB for longer than I have, and as you're still here doing workouts it has to be special to you, no?

As always, please feel free to skip this and scroll down to the what are you doing today part. 😁

So, my questions are:

1) What made you start working out? Have you always done sport, was it because of your health, or just because you like it?

2) After all this time what is the excercise or type of workouts (pilates, weights, hiit,...) you've progressed the most in? What do you like most?

3) What are you most proud of for yourself in achieving with working out? If you could name a body part you've seen changing that you're proud of, which is it?

Well, since I'm asking you all these, I guess I have to answer as well. Here goes:

1) For me is was a bit of a combo all of those. During my army days I was always very sporty, we had to be. But then I retired, moved to France and just stopped. Only put on my sneakers to go shopping. I started gaining weight and after a few years I'd had enough. I started feeling bad about myself, the way I looked and I remembered how much I used to love sports and being fit. So I started searching the internet (youtube) for videos and came across FB. And I was hooked.

2) I guess I've progressed in everything overall, but my favorite type of working out has to be anything that involves weights. I can remember when I started out and just couldn't to a reverse fly with any kind of weight. Now, I can do them with 9lbs, and ok, to some of you that's peanuts, but to me it's freaking awesome!!

3) I'm most proud of my consistency in working out. Nothing can dether me from it. My hubs calls it discipline and I have to partly agree with him, but it's also fun. And a big part of that is thanks to the FB trainers, they keep me entertained, on my toes and willing to give the best of myself. And if I have to name one body part I'm proud of then I have to disapoint you, because I like all of it. I look so much fitter and healthier now, even more so than during my army days. And I'm so stinkingly proud of that.

Poohhh, sorry that was long. If you've made it this far I congratulate you on your patience.

If you've skipped my rambling, then tell me are you working out today? Having a rest day? I'm having my usual weekend days off. The most strenuous thing I'll be doing today is the laundry.

And what about food? Give me some delicious recipes here, because I haven't got a clue what to make.

Oke, I guess this has gone on long enough now, I apologize yet again for such long ramblings but I do hope I haven't discouraged you from reading these check-ins.

Have a great day eveyone!!🥰

Edited