Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Video: Anti-Rotation Workout for Deep Core Strength

Hey FB Fam!

Today’s video is a non-traditional, but important, core workout focusing on the deepest layer of your abs: 

Deep Core Strength and Stability: Pregnancy-Friendly Anti-Rotation Exercises

If you’re someone who likes to lift heavy things, feel functional and capable in daily life, and decrease risk of injury, this is a must!

I’ll be honest, I didn’t know much about the "deep" core and definitely did not incorporate exercises for it until I got pregnant with my 1st. But now that I’ve been through that journey I can see how it’s helped not only in pregnancy and postpartum but also with my deadlifts, squats, and overall the way I feel and move in my body.

When I say “deep core” I’m talking about the deepest abdominal layer we have, the transverse abdominis (TVA). It lies below everything else and serves as the “corset” of your core, stabilizing and supporting your spine. Unfortunately, it’s often a neglected muscle group as the common focus tends to be on the superficial 6 pack abs and obliques (which are important too!). 

We’ll be pairing intentional breathing with anti-rotation movements that challenge your stability. So you’ll see some familiar movements like bird dogs and single-leg deadlifts as well as some fun new movements!

While this routine is for everyone, it’s also pregnancy and postpartum friendly (highly recommend for this stage of life) and I offer tips and modifications throughout!

I hope you enjoy this different approach to core work!

Nicole