Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Video: Active Recovery Yoga Flow for Beginners

Build control, strength + mobility all while exploring your alignment in this Vinyasa yoga practice! 

Active Recovery Yoga Flow: Beginner Vinyasa to Stretch and Strengthen

Just because this practice moves slow, doesn’t mean we won’t build some internal fire! In order to embody the foundations of the postures, we need to take the time + energy necessary to build + explore our alignment first. We will hold many of the poses longer than a breath, and while that can seem tedious, moving this slowly will not only allow us to explore our alignment and build control, but this will allow us to learn how to regulate our breath (and our nervous systems) when we begin to play our edges. Taking the time to set up the foundation for each pose + practicing proper alignment will empower you with the tools to tune in + learn more about where your body is in space, as well as better understand the inner-workings of your body. Furthermore, you will eventually find that you have enough knowledge of yourself and the tools to create your own practice! 

I cover a LOT of technique in this video, and all of the information you receive can feel overwhelming. You may not get all of it at once or have it perfected in the first few tries, and I want to remind you that is okay! The intention of this practice is not to force you into the most beautiful or “perfect” version of the various shapes we take; my intention is to provide you with different points of focus, so that you can build awareness in and around your body. So I invite you (especially if you feel overwhelmed) to NOT try to gather all of the information you can; allow what sticks or resonates with you to stay, and what doesn’t stick/resonate with you in that moment to go. I promise with time, practice + patience everything will connect + you will have an embodied understanding of these postures. Even as an avid practitioner + teacher my technique is far from perfect; I have to actively and consistently remind myself to slow down and work my foundations tool-kit. We are not in any rush to get anywhere or achieve any specific posture; this practice is a life-long journey, so allow yourself to show up as you are (without judgment) and enjoy the present moment. :-)

I hope you complete this workout with a better understanding and appreciation of your body, and that you are able to come back to your mat again soon, empowered with new tools! 

With love + light, 

Marina