PPals 8 July 2022

Hello my cute little twitterpated monkeys! It's not often you get a word that ends in y whose ending doesn't change to ie in the plural, but here we are. How are all you lovelies? Glued to the news to follow the latest political fiasco and Wimbledon match? Or desperately avoiding it? Frenetically stuffing chocolate into your cheeks and doing your best impression of a squirrel? Or putting it into your pockets instead? Or maybe you don't even like chocolate - quelle horreur! Me, I'm sitting on the couch drinking tea and trying to come up with something interesting or funny to say. Maybe I would come up with something if I just got a giant syringe and injected that hot caffeine into my neck. Maybe I should let it cool to room temperature if I'm gonna attempt such a manoeuvre. There's another word I can't spell without assistance! Along with bureaucracy.

All right, I'm going to give up trying to write a stimulating check in and just get down to business. My mind is rather blank tonight. So, exercise! What's the plan? I've been saying for several weeks now that I'm going to start running again soon - I think my feet are ready. Of course I will be starting from scratch, which is rather frustrating, but I'm simultaneously quite excited at the prospect of running. And also nervous, because I'm afraid of re-injuring my feet. So anyway I decided Monday was the day, but then got sidetracked with work. Then I decided Tuesday was the day, but didn't sleep well (as usual) and was way too tired. Then I decided Wednesday was the day, but I had a migraine. So Thursday! Thursday was the day! But then it started pouring rain, and yes I know one can run in the rain, I've done it plenty of times, but you know what it just didn't appeal. And then I fell asleep on the couch. And then it was too late for running, so I did some hiit and core instead. Which was a good workout! And now I'm a little too sore for running tonight. So I'm gonna do some stretches with Marina, and perhaps also a cardio routine with Amanda that I just found and didn't realise existed. And then try again next week with the running.

And food! I still have a fair bit of leftover wine soup, err, I mean minestrone, and was planning on having that. I've had it three days in a row and only had a migraine on the first day, so maybe I'm building tolerance? Or maybe I'm an idiot for continuing to eat it. It's really good wine soup though, and I've lost patience with my body not cooperating. However, I did wake up with what I was sure was the start of a migraine today, but instead of getting up and taking a migraine pill like I should've done, I rolled over and went back to sleep. Folks, I've slept all day. Which probably has something to do with why my mind is so empty. But when I woke up again I felt fine, which is every exciting. Anyway, my housemate just announced she didn't know what she wanted for dinner and asked me if I wanted take out, and of course I want take out. I'd offer her wine soup but it has bacon in it and that's not something she eats. So instead of wine (I just wrote whine...HA) soup I will be having chicken satay skewers and pud prig with rice from the tasty tasty (and reliably gf) Thai restaurant down the street.

And look at that, despite having nothing to say I've still managed to take up bandwidth. Have an easy day folks, or at least not a miserable one!