A

HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 1st

Hey everyone,

"Don't go through life, grow through life" - Eric Butterworth

Something to think about from a Canadian author in celebration of Canada Day! Happy Canada day to my fellow Canadians. No celebrations here in Germany of course but hopefully you get to enjoy the holiday.

I take the quote to mean we should take opportunities and be open to everything to learn more and experience more. Imagine you were the same as you were 20 years ago? It is pretty wild to think about how much you have grown and changed throughout life when you have taken chances and opportunities.

Sorry for the late post I have been so busy today finishing up inventory and invoicing. I think I save the last little steps and checks for Monday when I have a fresher mind.

This week has been busy with work and workouts. Today, as usual, is my recovery day. I did a 32 minute recovery workout with K. I wish there were more long stretching/flexibility workouts. I am getting bored with what there is. I was surprised to see though my calorie burn today for the 32 minutes of stretching was more than my 40 minute upper body workout yesterday. I should not pay so much attention to that. I am never in the range they have on the screen, making me feel like I am not trying hard enough. But I am trying hard, or at least I think I am. Does anyone else feel like that? It might be because my resting heart rate is so low that it takes a lot more warm-up and action in between to keep it up throughout the workout. Oh well.

Plans for the weekend? Our niece will visit us this weekend and tomorrow we will be going for a hike through the vineyards. I will take an exercise break since that should be enough for the day. We will also try a Mexican restaurant we have not tried yet, so I look forward to that. I am hoping to get some better sleep since the last nights have been so hot and sticky. Tour de France starts today so I will also be keeping my eye on that.

Feel free to share or lurk, everyone is welcome!