Easing back into it

Back in November, I was going through a terribly low point. My antidepressant was no longer working for me, I had quit my job impulsively, I had gained some weight and was losing what confidence I had left.

I changed medications and was put on an SSRI. Turns out, my body rejects all SSRIs. I was throwing up all day long, dizzy, nauseous, couldn't keep food down. I had headaches and chills constantly. I was so sick I couldn't work out anymore and I gained 40 pounds despite throwing up constantly.

I've been incorporating exercise back into my routine slowly since March and I'm so excited I'm now doing 3-4 days a week now! My eating habits are still not back to where I want them to be, but I'm at a better place than I was. I'm going to be brave next week and do one of the 5-day challenges. I'm trying hard not to compare myself now to where I was before, and this for me is one of the hardest things. Being a perfectionist makes it hard when I do reach a low point, because I never give myself grace when I most need it. Does anybody else deal with this? What do you do to get over that mental roadblock?