HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group June 29th ☁️ 🏙️

Good morning (or afternoon) Blendfriends! I'm stepping in for Julia today as host and will begin with a reminder that everyone is welcome to read and post on this thread or any of the accountability threads (HKS, P Pals and Daily Check-in).

To start our day, a thought from Marcel Proust.

“Always try to keep a patch of sky above your life.”

I once lived in a really dense urban neighborhood (like the one in the picture, but not on the main street) and my patch of sky was very small. I could feel the difference, just taking a deep breath, under the broader horizon in my current neighborhood. The photo is from a tourist district, a few years ago. I like that the sky itself was worth adorning with cheerful decorations!

We've had nice clear skies and cool weather the last couple of days, and I've been enjoying the opportunity for extra walks. Today we've rain in the forecast, so I'll probably stay in and... do that abs workout on my calendar! I'll also get a bit of a workout when my bulk food order comes in. I bake my own bread, so putting away several kilos of flour for the next few months will be a nice warm-up ;-) How about you lovely people? Are you working today? Working out? Resting? Anything yummy in the works? I've got 3 pounds of rhubarb from my garden that needs to do something interesting soon! If it's not to hot, I might make another strawberry-rhubarb pie, essence of summer on a plate! Do you have a favorite summer dish?

Have a great day, everyone!