Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Week 24 goal evaluation- getting stronger!

How was your week? We actually had a party for the first time in years this weekend. It was my husband's birthday and we had some friends over, had a little barbecue and sat in the garden all evening drinking and talking.. It was a lot of fun, but after an entire bottle of wine, I did not feel like bouldering the next day.. So I skipped that session.. I did go on tuesday and worked on my projects. It has not been going great the last few weeks, but I am showing up, working my hardest and doing what I can. I have gone through phases like this before and I know I will get better again soon.

Food wise I did really well. I am filling half my plate with veggies for 2 out of 3 meals each day. That can be a salad, just plain cucumber and tomatoes, bell pepper, raw carrots.. Whatever, as long as it fills half my plate. I am going to find some nice salad ideas for lunch to keep things interesting. I think it is already having a small effect on my physique next to having an effect on how I feel.

I can now do 3 decent pull ups with 2 bands in a row, I can do 5 in a row, but the last 2 are not pretty ;) I have 2 bands at home, but one is stronger than the other. At the climbing hall I still used 3. My negative pull ups are really improving. I love how my body is changing due to these exercises. I have 2 more weeks in my routine and then I am starting FB Benchmark, but I will continue my pull up training next to it. My goal is still to do at least one unassisted one (but it would be super cool if I could do 3 or 5 in a row).

This week I will continue filling half my plate with veggies. My son would like to eat less meat, but we need to get my husband on board.. I will also need to find a way to add protein to those meals. MY husband is away this weekend, so my son and I can have a meatless weekend and see how that goes.

Pull up training: 2 bands at the climbing hall for assisted pull ups. I can do negatives without bands.

What are your goals for the week / month / year / whatever timeframe?

Edited