Perspiration Pals 17 June 2022 πŸ§žβ€β™‚οΈπŸ¦”πŸ§ΆπŸŒ‚πŸ§šπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Hello my cute little dandelions! It's that time of the week again, where some of you are saying hurray it's the weekend! I don't have to go to work or school! And others may be counting down the hours until you can avoid domestic and family duties and go back to work. Or maybe your schedule doesn't follow the traditional workweek and you don't care either way.

Here's another picture from last weekend, taken near our sexy kangaroo boyfriend from yesterday. This area is in a region called the Goldfields, because, that's right, in the 19th century there was a gold rush in this area. And miners were singing 'you'll remember me when the west wind moves, upon the fields of barley'...(hopefully someone gets that reference). Anyway this area has a lot of old, abandoned mine shafts, buildings, and my dream house here. Plenty of fresh air and no one to bother you!

A nice, secluded cabin is sounding especially nice about now. My friend rang me late last night. This is a friend with a lot of mental illness, and I thought he was mad at me since he hadn't spoken to me in several months, presumably because I don't share his psychotic delusions. So anyway I thought oh! he must be in the mood for a chat! answered the phone and, well, he was very unwell. He's come of all his medication cos it's trying to control and poison him, he's psychotic, manic, not making sense, out on the street yelling obscenities, but also has no insight at all that he's sick and refuses all help. Because there's a conspiracy amongst medical professionals and the government, they created covid to make people sick you know, and then you need healthcare, and that's how they make money. And no one can understand this but him, and only he can see how terrible the world is, and everyone is terrible, and on and on. So I decided I needed to call the authorities, and of course this happened in the middle of the night, and I spent several hours trying to figure out what to do and ringing up helplines and pacing around the house sweating until I got through to a psychiatric crisis team at a hospital at 3 am. And it's not like I could just go to bed and fall asleep after that. Usually I don't have set hours, but today I had a math workshop to go to. And now I am very, very tired. Physically, emotionally, all of it. I turned my phone off for several hours today because I needed to calm down, and when I turned it back on I had missed calls from the hospital. I rang them back twice, no one answered, and so I turned my phone off again. I really don't wanna deal with this. It reminds me of my mother.

Anyway, I went to my math workshop, and found it pretty easy. No one else seemed to find it easy, which wasn't too impressive. I've only gone onto campus a handful of times since covid, and went into my office and found my desk had been taken over by someone else and all my stuff was gone. Excuse me! (I eventually found my stuff.) I also noticed that the other post grads keep getting younger and younger. My goodness. Those lil kids are so pure and innocent and pretty, and also bad at math. Or maths, as it's called here. Then one new kid in my office (is it still my office? I'm not sure) was explaining to me people mix him up with this other guy because they have similar names and are both American. I said hmm I'm American too. He couldn't tell. You have an accent! No you have an accent! Americans think I sound Australian and Australians think I sound American. But he definitely sounded (and looked) like he was from California.

Ok that's enough of Lynna's personal diary entry of a check-in. We'd better get down to business. Are you working out today? My workout's been postponed or cancelled every day this week, and I'm way too tired for anything tonight. Food, is it happening? I hope it's happening. How's your mental health? Are you coping with life? Of course no one is obligated to talk about any of that, but I hope you feel that you can if you want. And how do you relax when you're wound up and stressed out? I'm thinking a nice bucket of wine would help...but the migraine that would cause isn't worth it. Tea it is.

Have a crisis-free day Blenders!

Edited