Little kid’s dream? Or just a brilliant task?!?!

Today I had to think of my kids: when they were young, any water course we came across had to have a dam built! Hours of pleasure for my kids…

and hours of pleasure for me today doing the same activity! Our volunteering task today entailed building a few dams on the heathland to recreate a bog area to encourage more diverse wildlife. There was an original stream there which was dug in 1880, but the boggy area had got totally overgrown.

Digging out the original ditch, carrying bucket loads of the mud out of from there to the area where we were building the three dams. The more we dug, the more mud we created. I was totally in my element! I adore mud!!! At the end of the day, the ranger said to us: thank you for your hard graft!! It certainly was “hard graft”, but such a brilliant task, I really really enjoyed it so much.

Now off to the sea to wash the mud off my body, before I get in the shower!!🤣

Photo above shows the original (1880) ditch, but after our hard work opened it up. There are more pics in the replies.

And with carrying buckets and more buckets of mud and digging mud and more mud…. I think I can call this a

#totalbodyworkoutcomplete

Edited