Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Express Upper Body Resistance Band Burnout

Hey FB Fam!

Who’s in for a solid (and travel friendly) upper body burnout? Today’s workout release will leave you with jello arms (in a good way) in 15 minutes using only a resistance band:

Express Upper Body Resistance Band Burnout

I almost reached for dumbbells to create this upper body burnout, but remembered that every time I use bands, my body feels it in a totally different way. Let’s talk more about this…

By using bands we’re increasing our ‘time under tension’ which means our muscles aren’t getting much (if any) rest between reps, like they do with dumbbells. This helps to improve muscular endurance, strength, and muscle tone.

So that jello-y feeling you get after some good resistance band work? That’s where it comes from. This is a great training technique to add to your routine every so often.

Some great ways to use this workout are to add it on to another workout, or to use it as a quick stand-alone workout. Be sure to add a warm-up and cool-down (see recommendations in the write-up) if using on it’s own. While we do have a brief activation series, it’s best to come to this when your body is warm.

*bonus points if you add this onto another upper body workout (anyone up for the challenge?!)*

Nicole