My First Lower Body Strength Workout in Over a Year...

....and it felt amazing.

I decided before doing FB Reach again I would do a few independent workouts. I did this workout (https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/lower-body-strength-workout-with-glute-activation-warm-up-and-cool-down) and it felt really good. I still cannot lift extremely heavy weights yet so I used 3-5lb weights. It was still brutal but felt good. Although I kept finding myself feeling dizzy over and over. I had to take extra breaks that lasted more than a minute but I did manage to get through the workout. That may be a thing my body is doing from not doing strength training for a while but I'm not sure. My recovery period is slow and longer than it used to be because I did this workout four days ago and my lower body is still sore. So that tells me each time I do a strength training workout the soreness will be longer. Either way I'm happy but I won't be doing strength training back to back like that. I just thought I'd share.

Also, I did do a short resistance band workout for glute activation before. Personally, I like doing those before because they really help me feel the proper areas when doing an actual routine if you will. Or I just do them as stand alone workouts and I have definitely been feeling a difference in my gluten specifically my left one which is my weaker side. I never thought that I'd love resistance band routines for lower body. Do you guys do them before, after or prefer them as stand alone routines?

Edited