Daily Check-in: Wednesday, June 8th

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰SURPRISE!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

WE HAVE BABY CHICKENS!! 😍😍😍

Hello, Blendiez!

How are you today?

As you can probably see, I'm stoked!! Our baby chickens are hatching!! Not only are they absolutely adorable, but these are our first generation born and raised here babies. Not from a hatchery, not from another chicken farmer, but ours. From our hens and rooster (thank you Jean Claude and Chasseur and Cosette). I'm so excited! We're gonna have Marans babies running around everywhere! We have 5 out of the shell as of right now, and more pipped and hopefully on the way!

(And if you remember, we also were trying to get Dark Cornish babies, but Mr. Meatball was more interested in food than hens. We only have two Cornish eggs that were fertile, and we'll see if they make it. They haven't pipped yet.)

So: SURPRISE, Blendiez! This was what I wanting to share so badly, but I didn't want to jinx it; as hatching eggs can be a difficult business.

Ok, so I better calm down a bit; and talk about some other things in this check-in, like maybe some workouts? What's happening with your workouts today, Blendfriendz?

Why, I'm gonna be chasing baby chickens around, of course! And perhaps doing a lower body routine. I was suppose to do upper body, but I did some EC kickboxing yesterday, and I'm feelin it. So, lower body it is!

And what's on the menu today, Blenderz? Anything good?

Not sure just yet! I'm too excited about baby birds to worry about food at the moment!

And then finally, of course, our 'interesting critter pic' is of the hatched baby. The first one. This is a particularly vigorous little chick--it took no time bustin out of that egg!

Okie dokie, Blendiez, that's it for me for now!

Thank you all so much for checking in, and I hope you have a great day!

Take care!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited