Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Week 22 goal evaluation- benchmark workout progress!

I did really well with my bouldering goals this week. I repeated boulders that I found scary. I even redid one twice in a row because I wanted to film it, but took a picture the first time by accident instead of filming it…

Yesterday I projected on a boulder that is a level above my own level and there are a few dynamic moves in there. The first move is a little half jump, it was nice to practice this one, because if you miss, it is only a tiny fall. (Picture of my tiny jump)

I am feeling pretty good about my climbing at the moment. I am just at level 5- now (4c / V0+ / B2 depending on that kind of scale you use). I will probably drop to a 4+ again somewhere the next weeks and then go up again to 5-, but it is okay. I am working hard and enjoying it.

My first pull up practice routine is done. I start my new routine tomorrow. The last one was a prepping routine: getting the movement / strength to be able to do a pull up. This new routine will really work up to doing a full pull up (unassisted). When I started I did Tasha’s benchmark workout. I repeated that today and made some cool progress:

(Best round results): april 29th / june 6th

Exercise 1: Thrusters: 13 reps with 6 kg (13 lbs) / 14 reps with 7 kg (15 lbs)

Exercise 2: Low Row 12 reps with 20 lbs / 12 reps with 30 lbs

Exercise 3: Burpees 6 reps kipping style / same

Exercise 4: Skaters 21 reps (back and forth = 1 rep) / 18 reps, but I think at a little longer distance

Exercise 5: Push-Ups 10 push ups on my knees / 9 push ups on my knees. Tried a full one, failed..

Exercise 6: Hollow-Man Hold: did this one often during my routing, so happy with the progress on this exercise 25 seconds full version / 36 seconds full version

Exercise 7: Full Plank 45 seconds full plank / 42 seconds full plank

Exercise 8: Bear Crawl (forward and back) 4 lengths of the room (one way is 1 rep) / 6 lengths of the room

Have you done the benchmark workout yet? What do you think of it? I think it is a tough, but good workout and I loved seeing my progress today.

Goals for this week:

Project my grade 6a boulder and a grade 5 boulder, want to send at least 1 of them..

Start my pull up routine: assisted pull ups, negative pull ups, lock offs and more hollow man hold.

Focus on healthy eating

What are your plans for the week?

Edited