S

Fitness Blender workouts just as effective (if not more) as group fitness classes

I don't think I've ever made a community post here before, but just wanted to write a PSA for fellow FB users - those who have been here a long time, are new to FB, and anyone in between.

I have been doing FB workouts on and off since late 2012 and consistently since 2014 (started with their ebook programs). Having worked out almost exclusively with FB for so long, and despite seeing significant results in terms of weight loss, body composition, and overall fitness, I couldn't help but feel like I was missing out on some aspects of working out by not going to the gym.

I recently joined a local fitness studio known for their tough workouts and ability to push individuals' limits. I started off doing spin, then recently started attending their strength classes. Their regular strength class is probably a 3/5 on the FB difficulty scale, while their hardest is a solid 5/5. With that said, I was so surprised at how well I was doing! Despite having little experience with the range of different equipment (skiers, battle ropes, pull up bars, barbells, plates, etc.), I kept up with the instructor and lifted heavy with proper form. As silly as it sounds, it was a relief to know that years of home workouts haven't set me back in any way, compared to the average gym goer. I think I always knew this deep down, but it was nice to experience it first hand and confirm it for myself.

So if you're on the fence about FB workouts or having FOMO from not going to the gym, don't. Fitness Blender workouts are some of the most effective and HARD workouts I have ever done - whether it's at home or at the gym. They are also extremely scalable and universally difficult for everyone as long as you are lifting heavily enough and pushing yourself safely.

I'll still be attending a few group fitness classes here and there to shake things up and support a local business, but I'll never stop doing FB workouts. I will probably need to upgrade to a bigger set of PowerBlocks soon, though! With that said, it would be cool to see fitness blender workouts using some of the other equipment I mentioned. 😊