HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group May 26th

Hello everyone.

Picture of a ladybug that caught my eye a few days ago 🐞. As for the quote/thought for today, I wanted to share the first lines of a poem, called “Allow me” by Chungmi Kim.

If I must worry about how

I will live in my old age

without wealth

I would be without health now

and how can I live to be

old?

For me it illustrates well how worrying about the future can rob you of happiness in the present. You can find the whole poem online – I thought posting it might stretch out this post too much 😇

Then on to workouts/exercise. What is your plan for today, or no plan?

I will attempt an older bodyweight cardio workout, https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/low-impact-cardio-and-total-body-toning-workout. I’m slightly nervous about the plank-based exercises 😰 as they’ve never been the easiest for me, and especially because I’m not my fittest. I’m still a bit under the weather (chopped up an 🧅 last night in order to breathe in my sleep), but hope this workout will work today. I’ll take extra breaks if necessary.

Do you ever start a workout suspecting it might be too much, with a “back up” workout ready, so you won’t give up but get something else done instead? I sometimes do this.

Hope to hear from you, whether it’s a short or a lenghty check-in. Everyone who wants to share is very welcome.

Wishing you all a peaceful day. 🌼

Edited