O
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Question for those that 16:8 fast

Hi all,

So, I’ve been at a plateau for ages and really want to shift a few pounds, nothing major, just a bit of fluff around the edges. I really don’t do well mentally counting calories/macros so I’m going to try intermittent fasting 16:8 for a while. Basically I’m going to remain eating healthy but essentially skip breakfast, which I think will reduce my calories by about 300.

I workout 3 days a week total body workouts (roughly 2x1 hour workout and 1x90min workout). I’ve recently reduced my workouts to three total body and longer sessions as I was previously doing 5 days a week and finding my recovery time was really poor. I’m thinking of fasting on the 4 days I don’t work out and on the 3 that I do I have a breakfast protein smoothie.

So my questions are…Does it matter that I don’t fast for three days of the week? Does it have to be an everyday thing? I was hoping by fasting on the days I don’t exercise it would counter-balance the not working out? Is it just a case that results may be slower than doing 7 days a week fasting? I didn’t know if it had to be an all or nothing type thing.

May not work for me at all of course and I’m aware I still have to be conscious of what I eat in my eating window but hoping it just helps to reduce calories without me obsessing too much, which is what I tend to do if I count.

Thanks all. I’ll be really interested to hear your thoughts.