My Beloved Dog Has Cancer

I have read a few posts in the past years of FB Community members losing their fur kids and everyone of them I cried for the lost animal and for the parents.

Sadly, my beloved Zoey was diagnosed a week ago with metastatic lymphoma; no operable solution. All I can give her medically is 1 10 mg prednisone tablet every 24 hours. My sweet girl is only 9 YO.

Her appetite is okay, energy low, yet she’s full of love and still kinda wagging her beautiful tail. She’s such a part of my FB Workouts as well. When I say FB, she brings her ball and we bounce around together, albeit in different ways.

I have no idea how I am going to manage her end of life and the grief which will follow. I’ve had animals my whole life, but my Z is so special; she is my soul girl and technicolor; life will be black and white without her.

Anyone who reads this and has any advice on when it is time and how to prepare for the passing and post-passing, I would be very grateful. I have never had to make the decision to ease the pain to pass. My heart is broken. As a result too, I’m not taking care of myself, ie, no walking, no FB exercises, I’m just paralyzed daily and when I do walk, it is with Zoey, but it’s extremely slow. My diet is awful as well.

My mental and physical health is not good. I’m truly living a nightmare. Again, anyone who reads this and can provide any guidance, I would be so appreciative. Thank you