Post-Covid Fitness

So, this is bit of a rant and celebratory post, so feel free to ignore or share if you find yourself dealing with something similar.

I tested positive for Covid about two months ago and went through mostly cold symptoms for about two weeks. Although I wanted to jump right into exercising like before because I felt alright, I didn't and I'm pretty glad about that. I went really slow and only kept moving enough to not feel like I completely stopped, which is great in itself! Stretching, just a little pilates and mostly mellow, like really mellow, cardio.

Then I stepped up the intensity with a bit of strength training and a little more intense cardio bouts..phew! Totally felt the post-covid diminished fitness. I started to feel really annoyed with myself and everyone else (of course, none of us are happy about the pandemic, but having been careful the past two years only to find myself in this situation just rubbed me the wrong way.) But then I thought: you can use this momentum.

It's like a new start. I've enjoyed getting fitter over the past year and a half with FB and even considered doing a little basketball or volleyball with an amateur team or something similar. So, instead of getting down on myself that I've been thrown a curveball, I can use everything I've learned here and apply it anew. And aim for that goal again to play some ball with others. I'll get there, it'll just take some time.

We're in May now obviously, but I've finally upped my endurance and successfully did both a lower body and upper body strength (the latter having me huffing and puffing since covid even more). I used Daniel's Express routine as an extended warm-up in the first round by reducing the intensity, and mostly substituted or stuck to the lower intensity version of the slow-fast remix with Kelly. But I went through the other two videos without having to stop and that's more than I can say for some of the workouts I did in April. Onwards and upwards, as they say, and I'm kind of excited to see how fit I can be in another month.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! Do share, if you're so inclined. :)