Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Video: Upper Body Stretches with Foam Rolling Intermission

Hello, BlendFriends!

A while back, I asked the Community to send some ideas for DPT-led workouts, and you came through with some refreshing ideas! Today’s workout is dedicated to those who have been bear crawling (or just plain crawling) your way through 2022: 

Upper Body Stretches with Foam Rolling Intermission

Many of my workouts have emphasized lower body mobility and stretching sequences, so let’s apply those techniques to the upper body and mid-back areas. 

Faulty movement patterns related to posture, sleeping position, or occupation may be to blame for some of our aches and pains. Fortunately, our bodies are incredibly resilient and amendable to change — WITH consistency. Spark this healthy change by taking part in this upper body stretching routine with a uniquely-placed foam roll intermission.

Now, you may be wondering, “Why is there a foam roll sequence in the MIDDLE of the workout?”. When performed properly, you can see immediate effects of foam rolling on your fascia and muscles. My intention is also to improve your “buy-in” and, therefore, consistency with foam rolling when you see how much it affects your movement, mobility, and flexibility. 

Relatedly - I don’t think I’ve ever taken the time to share my viewpoint on movement and mobility, and it’s seriously overdue. Head over now to our Instagram later today to hear my perspective, and be sure to share your take in the comments. See you there! 

- Kayla