Daily Check-in: Thursday, May 12th

Hello, Blendfriendz!

How are you all doing today?

How's your week gone so far?

Mine's been a weird one, to say the least. The weather isn't helping, either. It's been exceedingly warm for this time of year (89 degrees F), and will be for the next couple days. That's too hot for a cold blooded creature like me.

But, uh, that's not the weirdest part. I don't usually like sharing stuff like this, because, well, I just don't. It just don't seem real, and seems more like a fictional tale made up for attention. But, I'm going to share this with you anyway.

So, at the southern edge of my property, there's a road. Across that road, is another property. 250+ acres of farm and forest, that butts up to state forest land. On Saturday, the current owner was out looking for morels, but instead found a human skeleton. An almost complete skeleton, with bits of clothing. Needless to say, I am wildly disturbed by this. There's not a lot of information to be given, as the investigation is ongoing; but, I mean, I just don't even know what to say about that. It's awful.

Anyway, I just kinda needed to let that out, I guess. So, um, yeah. I'm really in a state of shock, and I hope that they are able to find out who this poor person was, and maybe give some closure to a family out there.

Ok, well, that's enough about that. Sorry to get so 'real' about stuff. Let's move on to other topics now.

Let's start with our weekend hosting schedule. Here's who we have lined up currently:

May 14th & 15th: Ingeborg

May 21st & 22nd: Coby

Any weekend after the 21st & 22nd is open! So if you're interested in guest hosting a weekend, please let Raven or I know, and we'll get ya scheduled in! And thank you in advance!

Now, on to today. What do your workouts look like, Blendiez? Is it a workout day or rest day for you?

I will see how I feel later. The heat coupled with several nights of bad sleep, and I may just call today a rest day.

What's on the menu for you today, Blenderz?

No clue. Hubby and I had some grilled trout with potatoes and broccoli yesterday, but today's supper remains to be seen.

Finally, a pic: while the Spring Beauty flowers may be a contrast to such grim news today, I still think some flowers are appropriate.

Well, I think I've overshared enough for now.

Thank you all so much for checking in with me, and I hope you have a great day!

Take care, Blendfriendz!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited