Perspiration Pals 11 May 2022

Hello Pals! I hope you’re well and if you’re not, I hope you’re getting better. We are hurtling around the Sun at 29.78 km/s, did you know? This isn’t today’s fun fact, though, I merely wanted to remind you that what you may perceive as static, isn’t.

All right, let’s get down to business. As I was wading knee-deep in facts (source: 1,500 Fascinating Facts by Danielle Yarbrough) I came across some that made me laugh out loud so today’s facts are about the LOL factor. I hope they’ll cheer you up if that’s what you need. If you don’t, just laugh anyway. It’s sweet and salty:

The artificial sweetener Splenda (was discovered when a researcher misheard the command to test this chemical as 'taste this chemical'. (Luckily it wasn’t cyanide or mercury, just to name a few elements you’re not supposed to taste test. I’ve never heard of Slpenda. Have you?)

There's a lake in Australia called Lake Disappointment that was named and found by Frank Hann in 1897 who was hoping to find fresh water but instead found salt water. (I have no idea what happened next. What did Frank do? I’m open to suggestions)

I’ve scheduled a Tasha routine for today so I’m scared. I will probably be able to burn more calories if I work out scared. How about you? What’s scheduled for today?

Duty calls and I feel like sending duty to go boil its head in Lake Disappointment but I’m a good girl…