Taking ballet lessons for the very first time

Hello fellow Blenderz,

How are you doing? Has spring come to your whereabouts or not just yet?

Here, in Greece, spring finally came and with that so did my desire to try something new, something that would get me out of my apartment, as well as out of my comfort zone. So I started browsing through my options, and eliminating several of them, like “I hate gyms. I really don’t want to give my money there”, “aerial yoga could be too much” and long story short, I ‘ve decided to face my dance-phobia (if that’s even a thing) and take up ballet lessons. I ‘ve never tried ballet, or any kind of dance, before, but I am happy to say I am in a place in my life where I enjoy trying out new things. So I ‘ve taken my first two lessons and I absolutely loved it! I mean, of course I am uncoordinated and not nearly as graceful as a ballet dancer might be, but I love how ballet puts your mind and body to work and I love having to follow the beat of music with my movement.

As far as FB is concerned, I am in the middle of “Sweat” and I ‘ve had to push a couple of workouts down the calendar, as 1.5 hours of ballet practice is a serious calorie torch, but I think that’s totally worth it.

Have any you tried ballet in the past? Is anyone combining ballet with FB? I ‘d love to hear from you.

In any case, enjoy whatever you are capable of doing and if there is anything else you ‘d like to try, go for it! I think the best advice I ‘ve ever heard was from an old professor of mine who, while speaking about going to the opera and to concerts of symphonic music for the first time in someone’s life, he said: “Never say ‘this is not for me’. All forms of art are to be enjoyed by everyone” and I think the same applies for a wide spectrum of activities in life.

Cheers!