Showing up for yourself

I work out at night after the kiddos and husband are in bed. Today was one of those days where I was all over the place with pickup/dropoff, baby catastrophes that required deep cleaning during which the carpet cleaner broke and I had to repair it and THEN clean, cutting grass, doing laundry, supporting emotional children and tired husband, cooking, cooking, cooking... I love my job but when it was time to work out tonight I was dreading it. I've made a plan for myself I'm calling the Summer Slimdown, I'm doing a 4-week FB30 for May until school gets out and then an 8-week FBFit for June and July. I finally reminded myself that this is the one thing I do just for myself all day long and if I can show up for everybody else 24 hours a day, I can show up for myself too. Don't know if anybody else needs the reminder, but it was like a bell went off in my head. And then of course my workout was super fun and short and effective with HIIT and very heavy weights which I LOVE, so thanks to the FB crew for always making me glad I showed up! xoxo