Perspiration Pals 5 May 2022

Hi, there Pals! I hope you didn’t have nightmares about sharks eating you. I promise you today’s question is not going to be about animals with lots of teeth. I won’t beat around the bush, here’s today’s fill-in-the-gap question:

Watermelons contain an ingredient called citrulline that can trigger the production of a compound that helps relax the body's blood vessels, just like ……….. (a fact from 1500 Fascinating Facts by Danielle Yarbrough) I’ll give you a clue, the answer is a little blue thing. Anyway, do you like watermelons? I do. They are in season here in July and August so I’m gonna have to wait for citrulline to relax my blood vessels. Unless I find another way.

I did a lower-body routine yesterday and perhaps I shouldn’t have taken over 7400 steps before I got home hung out the laundry, assembled my weights, and then started doing a routine with 3 rounds of the same exercises in each group. But alas, that’s what I did and my lack of energy turned me into this overgrown 3-year-old who refused to have a nap after lunch and is now hardly functional at 3 p.m. (it wasn’t actually 3 p.m. but after 6 p.m. so you get the picture) So when Daniel said ‘I hope you enjoyed it’ I said (still a 3-year-old) Noooo. (but it it’s not your fault said the adult part of my brain) Anyway, I haven’t been proud of what I can do exercise-wise for a long time now.

OK, it’s time to go to work, it’s gonna be a long day. At least 24 hours.