FB Complete Day 4

Just finished day 4 of the program today, I chose the cardio kickboxing and upper body routine. I was surprised I chose that over non-cardio weight lifting (perhaps because it was the beginner option?) but I'm glad I did. The kickboxing was just enough to get my heart rate up, but not too much to trigger anxiety. As a result I didn't have any panic attack symptoms. Yay!!! I think it helped to have breathing patterns. The little exhales for the kickboxing moves, releasing a bit of air with each punch, really was "relaxing" if I can say that about a workout. I got into a groove and leaned into what I was doing. I was able to let go! During the cool down I took nice long breaths and was intentional about in through the nose, out through the mouth. I don't know why I don't do this more in my everyday life... I can see it really helping with the panic attacks. I feel so chill right now.

Today is the start of my second week doing exercise again. My goal is to work out 3x per week (+ at least 1 walk outside on the weekend) for the duration of this program, so that means I've successfully completed my goal for 1 week. Yay!! I figure at this rate it will take me about 6-7 weeks to complete this program. I am already noting changes, my body is responding and overall I just feel better & less bloated. My body remembers what this feels like and is saying "THANK YOU!"

The hard part is, the only way to know if I will have anxiety is by testing my limits. And that's scary. If you've ever had a panic attack you'll know just how scary it is. So, intentionally engaging in activities that might trigger that terror, seems insane. But I am trusting in my ability to know my limits, and to choose workouts that challenge me.