Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Lower Body Workout for Hips, Glutes, and Pelvic Stabilization

Good morning FB Family!

We’ve got a new workout for you, this one makes for an excellent add on - before or after a lower body strength routine:

Lower Body Resistance Band Workout: Exercises for Hips, Glutes, and Pelvic Stabilization

This lower body workout uses a wide range of dynamic exercises to help build a strong base for pelvic alignment and functionality through the glutes and hips. I’ve broken this routine into three different groups, depending on body and band position: band at the ankles, band at the knees, and on the mat. 

Exercises like these work well as an extended warm up, waking up or activating the glute muscles in order to improve muscle recruitment throughout the strength workout. A lot of people also enjoy doing these exercises after a workout, as a burnout round. There is no wrong or right way to do it, and in fact, each method comes with its own set of benefits. There is no warm up or cool down on this workout, but if you add one of each, this can also be a standalone workout.

Beginner Tip: These are relatively unusual movements, so don't be surprised if you're limited in range of motion (ROM). Even if it's a very small movement, stick to the ROM that is pain-free; don't push through severe discomfort or pain. With time and practice comes more range, smoother movements, and less discomfort. If all of these exercises are new to you or feel completely foreign, this is a beginner workout video with a similar focus that I filmed while I was working on building strength of this sort, but had much less strength & ROM, and a lot more limitations.

I hope this new workout treats you well. Thank you for working out with me!

Kelli