Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Week 17 goal evaluation- NSV week

Another week, another evaluation. I’ve started my pull up training. It is difficult, but I am really set on being able to do one by summer. I want to prove all those people that say that pull ups are too hard for women wrong.. And I want to prove to myself that I CAN do a pull up if I work really hard.. It will help me in my bouldering because I am going up in my grades and the pull up motion is becoming a bigger part of the climbs. Last year my goal was to boulder all level 4 boulders with ease. With a few exceptions, I am there. It is so cool to notice how my climbing becomes easier and more relaxed. So now I am on to grade 5 climbs. More technique and more strength is required with these climbs. (NSV #1: I flashed 4 new grade 4 boulder problems this week)

My own routine starts this week. I did Tasha’s benchmark workout on friday. I managed to do a full plank for 45 seconds (NSV #2) Have you done the workout? Were there any surprising results?

I am going to look at a kickbike tomorrow (Nederlands: step / English: adult scooter). Instead of doing monday walks I want to go on longer scooter rides. I want to ride a scooter because I like it better than cycling. A friend of mine wants to go longboarding or skeeler, so we can go on rides together.

Foodwise I did well this week. Had some snacks and some beers, but there was a good balance.

I am going climbing at an outdoor facility this week, it is toproping through the trees. I did this once before and was so scared at some points. I am wondering how it will go now that I have my bouldering experience.. Hoping it will be nice and sunny like today.

Goals this week:

Top a grade 5 problem at the bouldering gym

Hold the hollow man hold for 15 seconds, twice in a row (pull up training)

Healthy foods and snacks throughout the week

Edited