Superficial goals

Hello my fellow Blenderz,

I hope you are all doing well. This is going to be a bit of a rant, so bear with me ―or don’t if you are not in the mood :) In general, I am all about substantial fitness goals in the sense that what motivates me to work out is feeling stronger, enjoying clear-cut movements that I incorporate in my daily life and/or other sport activities etc. I also strive and hope for a long and healthy life, in spite of my sedentary work and the high level of stress and anxiety we all tend to experience given the gazillion problems we are facing as members of this, rather unhappy in my opinion, society.

Anyway, that was a long intro to say that what motivates me is not appearing to be fit, but rather actually being fit in order to enjoy life ―buuuut, yes there is a big but here (pun intended) I am so fed up with not seeing any (substantial) results in my butt and thighs area. I mean I ‘ve been working out somewhat consistently since 2017 and really consistently since 2019. I haven’t had any major weight fluctuation since 2016, I have a healthy fat percentage of approximately 26%, I eat clean, as I really love fruits and veggies and Mediterranean diet comes naturally to me, given my upbringing and current location, so it’s all good. However mu butt and thighs are not getting the message. While the rest of my body responds well to working out and it has become leaner and more toned ―even parts of legs have, too― these particular areas remain untouched by my sweaty efforts and, I am sorry to admit, this tends to bum me out.

Therefore, after much consideration I decided to try out a few sessions of non-invasive fat and cellulite reduction treatment. I have mixed feelings given everything I ‘ve described above, but also given that in general I tend not to comply to beauty standards. I have not even wore make up a day in my life; I don’t follow fashion trends; I ‘m usually all about feeling comfy and good in my own way (there is absolutely no judgment for the people who find themselves in following trends and wearing make up or whatever! I ‘m just saying this, so you get the whole picture), so it’s kind of a weird contradiction to be doing this now, but anyway, it is what it is. If any of you feel like sharing any similar experiences, concerns, (superficial) wishes or contradictory feelings, please I ‘d love to hear from you.

In any case, thank you for reading this and I wish you all the best with wherever your fitness journey is currently taking you!