Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

New Plus Workout: 360 Degree Glute Activation Workout with Bands and Dumbbells

Hello, Blender family! 

Today’s release happens to be one of my favorite workouts to date, and I’m thrilled to share it with you: 

360 Degree Glute Activation Workout with Bands and Dumbbells

Challenge yourself to activate your glutes from a 360-degree perspective, with or without the extra equipment. We’ll begin with a brief warm-up, followed by an activation sequence on the exercise mat. It’s quick, effective, and an excellent introduction to glute activation moves that limit hamstring/low back compensation. Next, we transition into traditional (and perhaps some newer) strength training exercises that address the posterior chain: low back, glutes, and hamstrings. Lastly, the workout concludes with a banded burnout and soothing cool down. 

Get the most out of this workout by adding resistance and/or focusing on time under tension. The goal is to slow the movement of each repetition to make your muscles work harder, burst through weightlifting plateaus, and improve muscle control/coordination. The strength training section takes about 7 minutes to complete, but you can always pause the video and complete one more round to maximize those booty gains. 

Little did I know that this Expert article that was written one year ago would be the inspiration behind a workout video. I’m slowly converting Expert article information to video/workout content and would love to know what you would like to see next. Looking forward to hearing your responses! 

- Kayla