Had my ACL reconstructed yesterday. Never again will I call pilates 'easy'

Hi, everyone. After an accident a earlier this month (sports, not FB) I tore my ACL completely and I just had my reconstruction surgery yesterday. It seems like the surgery was the easy part-- the rehab is going to be far more challenging than I anticipated. On the bright side, my surgeon said that my good strength and conditioning would make the process a lot smoother-- thanks to Fitness Blender for that!

Until I get to PT next week, my at-home exercises are to flex my angle and do prone leg raises with my injured leg. Well, I can move my ankle just fine, but those prone leg raises are HARD. I did 10 of them and it nearly brought me to tears (I'm taking a quarter-dose of painkillers because I react poorly to them) and completely exhausted me. I'm going to watch the Great British Baking show now until I fall asleep :)

I would usually skip pilates on leg-day workouts with FB and replace them with standing weighted exercises for a greater challenge. I certainly can't do that now, haha. I'm grateful for what I'm able to do and have a newfound respect for 'easy' movements. 'Easy' is, as I'm now learning, incredibly subjective. I can't wait to get back to my normal HIIT and strength training, even if it's months away, and for now, I just have to appreciate my ability on any given day.

Have a great weekend and stay healthy!