HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group April 23rd πŸŒΈπŸŒ»πŸ“š

Hello Blendfriends, and welcome to Saturday. Today is a special occasion. April 23rd, birthday of both Shakespeare and Cervantes, is World Book and Copyright Day. It is also my first day volunteering at our community garden. So I'm bringing out a favorite quote:

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. (Cicero)

I couldn't agree more. I am a voracious reader and an enthusiastic gardener. And if it is the case for you that you don't have anywhere to grow an actual garden, try to remember that each one of us is a living and growing thing, to be nurtured and cultivated.

One thing I love about my city is the community garden programme. For a really small fee, you can get a little plot to grow vegetables in. I'll be volunteering at our community garden today -- returning gardeners will be coming to pay their dues this morning. It's always interesting to see who comes back, and how the gardens have fared over the winter. Which raised beds need repairs? Will my rhubarb be up yet?

And before my stroll to and around the garden, I'll be doing Reboot Day 2 this morning. I'll be cooking later, too. It's been a nice lazy couple days in the kitchen, thanks to some high-quality leftovers from a catered "sugar shack" lunch during one of the meeting days. Pea soup, glazed ham, roasted potatoes and vegetables, crepes, and maple syrup are good stuff, but I think my body will be glad to have some leaner fare.

Whatever your plans may be, I hope you enjoy this day!

Edited