Another Non-Scale Victory!

Hello Blender Peeps!

I hope everyone is doing well or as well as they can be.

I'm feeling really proud of myself and thank GOD that I was able to do this particular workout. What I mean is today I decided to do an independent workout. A strength training upper body workout that wasn't too crazy, too intense, too difficult, too long or anything like that just to see if I'm able to workout with any weights. I haven't been able to use any weights in almost two years or a little over two years. It felt a bit strange to hold them but I do miss strength training. I'll continue to work to get my strength back a bit at a time. It does take patience after all.

I'm feeling soreness in my shoulders, arms, triceps, upper back, my core. For anyone curious I did this workout (Shoulders, Back, Chest and Arm Workout for Strong Toned Upper Body by Kelli). I can't provide a link because I have no idea how to on this laptop. So I didn't use a crazy amount of weights since I'm not there yet and as I mentioned I'm still working on gaining strength again but it felt good regardless. The only weights I have are two 1lb weights, two 3lb weights, to 5lb weights and two 8lb weights. I used between bodyweight, my 1lb weights and my 3lb weights.

There were exercises I had to modify like pushups, I did those against the wall because putting pressure on my wrists like that is still pretty painful. I know a lot of people say to put my hands into fists or holding weights and that's supposed to make less pressure. The problem is those don't work for me. They actually make the pressure and pain way worse than when my hands are flat on the floor. So if anyone has any other ideas that might work please do tell. Also, does anyone know a substitute for tricep dips? That also goes into the "I can't really put pressure on my wrists like that" thing. Other than those issues the workout was fun and awesome. I look forward to the soreness tomorrow. :)

Throughout this whole thing I've learned something . I've always known this but going through what I'm going through now really brought it into reality. Don't underestimate, ignore or hate on bodyweight workouts. I know a lot of people go crazy or insane when they do bodyweight simply because there isn't any weights involved (I'm not bringing anyone down, I'm just trying to make a point. Apologies if anyone is offended.) but I feel like even if you love strength training (I do as well. Those workouts really do make you feel strong.) bodyweight is important too. They serve well for days your muscles need something less intense, a "break" from the hardwork and also serve as the "building blocks" to strength training. What I mean is you need to build the proper form before you add weights right? That's part of what it's for. Get the proper form, add weights and make it harder. Bodyweight still burns too. M y favorite thing about this is I'm learning to pay more and better attention to my form particularly keeping my core tight. It's not that I wasn't doing it but I had a hard time because it poked out a lot. Keeping my core tucked in while doing the exercises is a lot harder (for me) than it seems. At least the good news is when, hopefully, I can do more intense workouts with heavier weights my form will be a lot better and I'll get more out of my workouts. :)

Edited