S
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Can I rant about sticking to a plan??

Hey all

This is a bit of a rant I hope that's OK.

I am really really struggling to stick to a workout plan. I find I have a 'good' 2 or maybe 3 weeks, I like working methodically, I like to tick off the days.

If I have to miss a day it makes me so uncomfortable, like the chain is broken and it's all spoilt, I know logically that's not true but I can not feel it.

Sometimes I do have to miss as I am also dealing with mental health issues. So I either push it back or more often as I want to do something I will swap, to a short HIIT or a LI or whatever.

I sort of feel like if I break the momentum I find it really hard to get back, last week I did 7 days straight. Being careful, 5 days properly 'on' and then two days short level 2 recovery style cardio. I felt good. I did not feel like I was overdoing it.

Then I took two full days off and planned to start again Monday, which turned to yesterday when I swapped my planned ST session for a short HIIT. Today I have ST planned and I look at it and feel exhausted, I slept so badly and the thought of anything just makes me feel like retreating to the sofa for the day.

I just spent about 15 mins scrolling through alternatives, if I had just started I'd be halfway done by now!

Maybe that is what I do need, a day off, .... But.. I feel so guilty, like what if I skip today and fall off track completely? I feel like I will never make progress like this

Sorry for this rant it's something of a pity party, I just can not seem to talk it through in my own head so thought I'd put it out here.

Anyone have any thoughts? I know I am overthinking but it has me good today and I can not stop

Have a good day