Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Video: 30 Minute Bear Crawl Circuits with Cardio Intervals

Good morning, FitnessBlender!  

It’s been quite some time since I created a cardio workout, so I knew I had to feature our Community favorite: bear crawls! Our newest FB-plus video contains five variations of this love-to-detest exercise. Try it out here:  

30 Minute Bear Crawl Circuits with Cardio Intervals

This workout includes three circuits with different bear crawl exercises to challenge your core strength and spinal stability. Finish out each circuit with a 30-second cardio interval to challenge your cardiovascular reserves before quickly transitioning into the next segment of the workout. This workout is fast enough to put you through your paces but easy to modify if you’re overcoming illness, injury, or jumping back into fitness.

Bear crawls are a huge success story for me, and I use them as a benchmark of my cardiovascular fitness and core strength. Following the birth of my son, I could barely hold the bear crawl position, let alone crawl from one end of my mat to the other. My thighs burned, my hips hurt, and my shoulders were screaming from the weight. Now, I can tap, twist, and crawl my way through a workout alongside you - and I’m better for it! Which exercise is your arch nemesis?

There wasn’t too much time to chat during this routine, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Full disclaimer - I was recovering from a nasty sinus bug during filming, so please forgive my sniffling and stuffy nose. This is also why I needed to take a few more modifications than usual, which is something I'm sure you can relate to! 

Hope to catch you on screen soon,
- Kayla