Daily Check-In: Saturday April 16th

Well hello there all you lovely peoples,

How are you doing on this first day of the weekend? We're having some lovely sunny weather, so my mood certainly is sunny as well.😁

As is a bit of habit for me during my ghosting weekends, I always like to have some topic to talk about. Well, this time it's not really a topic, but just me being really nosy. If you don't feel like answering my question, please don't feel obliged, I totally understand. So, here goes.

It's great being a part of this community and even though we only 'know' each other virtually, it feels like we're part of a team that's there so support each other, lend a shoulder to cry on or just be there so we can rant and scream and complain without being judged. We're spread out in the world and still take a moment every day to check in and see how everybody's doing. So I'd like to get to know this team a little better and I'd like to ask you what nationality you are, do you live in the country you were born? Did you move to another country, if so where? Do you like it there? Would you or do you ever return to your home country? And do you think you'll move again?

As I said, maybe you think it's none of my business and then by all means ignore these questions. I'm just curious to know.

So, I'll go first. I'm Belgian and have lived in Belgium up untill I joined the Army. I've then lived in Germany for 7 years, to return back to Belgium after my unit closed down. Stayed in Belgium until 2011 when I retired of the Army after 25 years and moved to France for a few years, then over to Spain and returned in 2020 back to France where I still live up to date. Even though my eldest daughter lives in Belgium I've haven't been back there for about 8 years already. I don't know if we'll be staying here. We have no real roots and feel comfortable nearly everywhere. But we'll see how it goes. For the moment I feel pretty good where I am.

Another thing we need to talk about is workouts. What's on your calendar today? Are you jumping in your workout gear or are you hanging around in some comfy outfit and having a rest day?

And food, what's on the menu today? At who's place do I need to invite myself to get some lovely dinner? Or a yummie dessert?

Well, I guess that's all for me today. I hope I'm not being too nosy or personal here, if so I apologize.

Oh yes... picture is another one of my crocheting try-outs.😂

Have a great day everyone!!🥰