PPals—Friday April 15 🐇

Hi Pals,

There’s a definite bunny theme today. A friend has two therapy rabbits, so I’m sharing pictures of Blaze and Rosie, both males. Blaze is striped and Rosie is more spotted.

Do you have favorite film or literary rabbits? How about rabbits in mythology?

Watership Down is one that comes to mind.

I’m sharing a link of kids reading an old old book. The Country Bunny and the Golden Shoes. https://youtu.be/Xuk2uKplGG4

Summary: momma bunny wants to work for the Easter bunny but experiences gender discrimination.

And for a group activity a bunny hop or jump squat might be fun. Nursing an injury? Wiggle your nose or do your best bunny impersonation.

Food? We had lamb chops last night that were delish! Kids were gone so it made sense, no complaints! Bunny bread pictures will be shared later this weekend.

Fun? Mmm, grading, student conferences, research. Obviously, I need to hear your fun.

Fabulous Fitness? Rest day yesterday with K UB stretches. Not sure about today. Should be Reboot Day 4 or 5.

To friends rehabilitating, follow dear K’s advice and listen to your body. May you heal quickly, get appropriate medical care, etc. etc.

There have been conversations about long weekends and holidays. I am in favor of long weekends and holidays; however, these things vary greatly depending on place of employment. My husband is staff at a state university and hardly ever gets long weekends and doesn’t get spring break. He does get today off. My daughter is a state employee but only gets half of the day off. My son is a state employee through the school for the blind and he gets Friday and Monday off. My teaching schedule is very flexible with 3 online and 1 face-to-face class, so maybe everyday is a holiday to me? 🙃

So whatever your schedule may be, I hope your weekend is enjoyable and I’d love to hear highlights here.