Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Bodyweight Cardio & Core HIIT Circuits with Descending Intervals and Optional Mini Band

Happy Monday FB family!

I'm excited to kick off another week with you all.

I got a little creative with today’s workout release and it turned out to be a great way to spice up traditional bodyweight cardio and core! 

Bodyweight Cardio & Core HIIT Circuits with Descending Intervals and Optional Mini Band

While the mini band is completely optional, it does add a fun new element I think you’ll really enjoy. This simple piece of equipment helped me come up with creative new moves while also adding a spin on traditional cardio exercises. Not only is it fun and different but, it also helps target additional muscle groups (oh hey, hips and glutes!) which naturally raises the heart rate.

For the format, we’re tackling 2 circuits of 5 exercises each in a descending interval style. We start from the longest interval and work to the shortest interval, increasing intensity as the time decreases. If you’re new to HIIT, be sure to read the write-up for tips!

As we head into spring where I live, I’m getting SO excited to start getting more cardio workouts outdoors. Whether it’s running (short distances for me, lol), taking a family hike, or bike ride I just love moving outside. I think my favorite would have to be hiking and it always makes me wish I lived in a place with cooler terrain than central Ohio!

Do you have a favorite outdoor activity? Does where you live offer scenic hiking/biking/running trails?

I think you’ll enjoy the challenge and variety offered in this routine! As always, let me know what you think.

Have a GREAT week!

Nicole