Long-Term Goal Accomplished!

Today's the day! After 365 days, 471 workouts, 7.75 programs (just started my 4th week of my routine), and 4 challenges I can officially say I achieved my goal of working out consistently for a full year. A full year of working out at least 3 - 5 days per week (minus a week off in August for vacation) is such a huge accomplishment for me, so I am super proud of myself!

I've always had an on again, off again relationship with working out. Every year I start working out in the early spring, then completely give up by Thanksgiving. This year I decided I was going to break that cycle and I'm happy to say that I did! Now that I've proven to myself that I can stay consistent through the holidays, I'm hoping that I can just keep going. I'm not quite sure what my next long-term goal should be. Maybe consistently working out for another year? Or maybe staying consistent with clean eating? I definitely lost sight of that a few times over the course of this year.

When I first started last April, I took some before pictures and body measurements in addition to weighing myself. I've been taking progress photos and measurements periodically throughout the year. Since today is my 1 year consistent Blendiversary, I made a collage of some of the pictures. I can definitely see a difference! My belly is flatter, I have my hourglass shape back, and I just look generally more toned! Last year my waist was 33.5in and my belly was 34in. Today my waist is 29in and my belly is 31in. In total, I've lost about 13lbs since last year. I had a goal to get to 135lbs by now and I'm 137lbs, so not too far off from my goal!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still hoping to hit 135lbs, but I'm not as focused on weight as I was when I first started. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so as long as I keep up the consistency I will be happy. I've noticed what's been making me happy is seeing the progress I've made in my strength and endurance. I helped my hubby move a TV yesterday and it didn't feel nearly as heavy as it did when we moved in. When I first started I could only do maybe 2 full push ups, but now my max is 24 before my arms completely give out. I've been able to bump up my weights when I strength train and I've noticed I recover from HIIT faster now too.

With today being my 1 year consistent anniversary and just starting my 4th week of my routine, I'm in a "what's next" sort of mentality. I think when this one is done I'll give FB Fit30 a try since everyone seemed to enjoy it so much. After that, I have no idea! So much great content is out there, so there's a lot to choose from. Any suggestions/favorite workouts or programs?

Thanks for listening to me ramble, I was just so excited to hit this milestone! I've been looking forward to being able to say "I did it" for the past couple weeks.