Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workouts: Warm-Up and Cool-Down Routines for Total Body Strength or Cardio Workouts

Good morning FB Family!

Happy Friday! We slow things down a bit today with a short warm-up and cool-down routine, both essential components of every workout:

Dynamic Warm-Up for Total Body Strength or Cardio Workouts

Cool-Down for Total Body Strength or Cardio Workouts 

Preparing your body for the main workout with a warm-up is critical to optimal performance as well as our enjoyment of the workout. Some days, we need a little extra time in the warm-up phase before tackling the main portion of the workout. Today’s warm-up routine can be used as a standalone routine for total body workouts without a warm-up or as an extension of another warm-up routine. The routine was designed for strength and/or cardio routines but can be used for a variety of workouts based on your training needs and goals.

Similarly, use the cool-down routine as a standalone or tack it onto the end of your workout to extend your cool-down exercises and stretches. Focus on shifting your body through various ranges of motion to feel the target muscles gently lengthen during each stretch. This focus requires continued mental engagement during the cool-down, a time during which many of us turn our brains off and start planning the next steps for our day or evening. Although you are transitioning from the workout back into real life, maintain some mental energy for the cool-down to give your muscles some much needed stretching and relaxation from the main workout. 

Make sure to review both write-ups for additional tips! Remember, the many benefits of a proper warm-up and cool-down extend beyond the physical. Mentally preparing yourself for a workout and mentally transitioning from your workout back to your daily schedule are both key practices for enjoying fitness across the lifespan. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve grown to love both my warm-ups and cool-downs. I used to teach and lead early morning classes and workouts, and even though I would wake up super early to accommodate some time for a few warm-up and mobility exercises, I still always felt prematurely jolted into action. With just a couple extra minutes of warm-up (and cool-down) work, my body and mind feel and perform so much better now. 

I hope you enjoy both routines and find good use for them!

See you on the screen, 

-Tasha