HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group April 9th πŸ’ͺπŸ•

Hello Blendfriends! I hope your Saturday is getting off to a good start. I woke up at 8, drifted off again for a moment and it was 9, so I guess that's a good start, a little weekend snooze! It's nice to be feeling rested. I usually sleep very well, but it's been a bit hit-or-miss lately.

So I'm giving you a thought about rest.

"Take rest. A field that has rested yields a bountiful harvest." (Ovid)

Take a rest. Relax, take a breath, appreciate life and the space around you. I attended a web activity about psychological self-care, and one of the strategies was positive cocooning. It's a nice way to frame the things that we do sometimes like curling up with a good book πŸ“–, or taking a nice slow bathπŸ›. I know that, traditionally, Sunday is the day we talk about self-care, but I'm being a rebel and putting it out there today πŸ˜†!

The second part of the quote is that bountiful crop. When you've rested, you'll feel better and fuller and more energetic, and that is when you'll have the strength to get on with the challenges of your day, week, and life. So rest, and carry on, refreshed and strengthened πŸ›‹οΈπŸ’ͺ.

I'll be trying Marina's new yoga for the spine today, I suspect it will help make my back happy. My upper-body workout will be kneading pizza doughπŸ’ͺπŸ•! How about you lovely folks? What have you got planned for the day?