Ghost 👻 Check-in: Saturday, April 9th

Hello everyone and welcome to another April Saturday! (...someone must be kidding, was it not February a week ago?)

How are you? What time of day do I find you? What do you have planned for today? Or what’s going on without a plan 😎

I’m on the final day of Fundamentals. Though that’s not exactly what I’ve been doing.😂 Started it with somewhat wrong expectations, completely my fault, I did read the description and reviews and comments, and I think I ended up somehow confusing it with the Beginner challenge, or in terms of longer programs, expected something more like Low Impact. OR, Nicole’s new Reboot challenge coming up would have been exactly what I was looking for, I think (it does sound fantastic doesn’t it? Anyone starting it right away when it launches?)… Anyway, when I realized it wasn’t what I imagined, didn’t want to swap, they’re all on my list to try at some point anyway. And it was an opportunity to add other videos (because Fundamentals is very short daily) and keep exploring Plus. Got me some amazing new favorites! Especially the new-ish filter ‘mobility’ and videos that have it, what a wonderful revelation! So, different course than originally planned, equally satisfying outcome, I’ll take it!

I think our habitual extra credit weekend topic is already obvious – improvisation vs planning. Where do you stand with that? In workouts, in cooking, privately, professionally, in an area of life, are you a master planner or spur-of-the-moment type? Do you get frustrated or creative when things don’t go according to plan? Do you think a lot of improvising means being too chaotic? Disorganized? Not dedicated enough? Does following a plan make you feel accomplished or maybe too restricted (even if by your own design) to find joy in it? Do you have a clear distinction, like ‘I’m fine having no clue what’s next in this-and-that, but I need to plan and follow step by step for another-this-and-that’?

I think I’m generally somewhere in the middle (like probably most of us?) – it’s good to have a plan but be open to changes. But, if I had to choose which I prefer, I’d say the improvising approach. Sometimes it’s unavoidable anyway, and certainly more fun. The spice of life. I mean, there are not many memorable moments and anecdotes that come out of ‘and then all went according to plan’, no?

In working out, I started with the mindset ‘you have to stick to a strict plan to make it work’, but thank goodness it was FB that I found (had it been another site I’m not sure it would turn out the same) and they taught me so much! They really mean it when they say they want to make fitness accessible to everyone, and I don’t just mean free videos, but the way they fill you up with knowledge and confidence that you can navigate your journey yourself. So of course, now I’m totally confident to modify and change plans along the way, at ease that I’m still on the right path. And it keeps me more motivated.

In other news, there’s more than one pigeon interested in settling on my balcony (the audacity!🤨) One scruffy plain ole city pigeon keeps coming and looking about these days, and I keep chasing him/her away, and now as I was typing this, another(!) pair of pigeons came together (these were pretty I have to admit, bigger and with smooth, clean-looking feathers and brighter colors, and a lovely white ‘necklace’), with little branches in their beaks, I think they were planning on making a nest and starting a family 😛 Sorry, the feathery lot, you’ll have to improvise too! Somewhere else.

(*google tells me those bigger prettier ones might be wood pigeons)

Okay, that’s clearly more than ‘enough outta me’ 😉 You take over from here and thank you for checking in.

Ah, yes, today I’ll treat myself to this https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/thoracic-mobility-stretches-for-desk-posture.

Cheers!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited