HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group April 7th

Hi everyone.

First Thursday of April. Picture of a tulip after rainfall, with some grape hyacinths in the background. I wanted to share a poem by Nayyirah Waheed here. I heard it in a yoga practice I was doing last week, for resentment, and it made a deep impression on me. I thought: I will post this in HKS next time!

“you do not have to be a fire

for

every mountain blocking you.

you could be a water

and

soft river your way to freedom

too.

- options”

I love it – what do you read into it?

And what are you doing today?

My workout will be https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/build-a-booty-workout-27-minute-butt-and-thigh-workout-for-a-round-lifted-butt-and-great-legs, plus an extra warm up, as I like to warm up gradually.

I’ve only been up an hour (10.45 am here) as I had a messy night. It was one of those nights where I kept thinking about my dad, plus my new little fire obsession (well, at night-time at least) made me wonder if I would be able to escape out of my house if there would be a fire? My brain: “Hey - what if you couldn’t go down the stairs! Ever thought of that? You’d have to climb onto the roof! And then? Huh?” Also, one of the songs played at my dad’s funeral kept going and going in my mind. It was like my brain was trying to torture me. So, feeling very well rested now… not. 🥺

However, I will do my best with the workout and hope to go outside later today. It’s storming here once again.

A bonus question, for who likes it: if you could only wear 1 color for the rest of your life, which one would you pick? (I kind of stole this idea from Ivett 😳 It's to counteract my not-too-cheery story about my night.) It would be easy to do laundry with 1 color only, wouldn't it?

Wishing everyone the best day possible, but, if it’s a 💩-y day, sit it out (or try to attempt 1 positive thing if you're feeling up to it) and hopefully tomorrow will be better.