HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group April 6th

Happy Wednesday Blenders!

ā€žI can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.ā€œ

For me, this quote contains two very important messages, that I have to remind myself of from time to time:

Donā€˜t focus on the things you canā€˜t change, but the ones you can.

Be flexible regarding the methods you use for reaching your goals.

How is everybody today? What are your plans ā€“ Workout? Rest day? What will it be food-wise?

My workout was a low impact cardio one. Perfect for my sore muscles and mild headache this morning. Itā€˜s always impressive how these low impact workouts can nevertheless get your heartrate up. I was sweating quite a bit, although it might be partly due to not turning the heating off this morning šŸ¤”

Food will be something special for lunch at work. Some time ago I got kind of a DIY cooking set as a present. Itā€˜s a box of spices, a shopping list and a recipe for one specific dish. ā€žMoroccan chicken with pomegranateā€œ. Iā€˜ll attach pictures from the spices (I like spice pictures) and the cooking result in the comments.

This recipe contains a lot of fresh cilantro. I just love cilantro. But I know for many people itā€˜s not the case. How is it for you? I remember the first time eating it in a chinese soup restaurant in Paris many years ago. Also for me it tasted like soap this first time, but at the same time interesting. So I was hooked, and keep adding it to dishes whenever possible now :)

That's it from me. Iā€˜m off to my personal extra credit challenge today: Riding my bike through storm and rain to work and back ā€“ haha.

Enjoy your day, and please feel welcome to read and post here.