Deadlift Toes In - What Am I Doing Wrong?

Hello Blender Peeps!

I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question about Deadlifts Toes In as said in the title. What am I doing wrong? For context, I was watching a lower body workout from Kelli that included this exercise. I know that many lower body workouts on here don't have this particular exercise but I want to get the form right for those that do. I decided to attempt to do that (along with other kinds of deadlifts included in the video) just to see how my body feels since I haven't done any in a while. For every other deadlift everything was fine but once I tried doing the toes in I noticed something. I could not feel my glutes AT ALL. No matter what I did I could not feel them.

I figured maybe it's because I couldn't workout for a while but then I remembered even back before my body issues I couldn't feel them then either. Then, I thought maybe it's because of the way my legs and feet are. My legs are where if my feet are parallel to each other and touching my legs don't touch each other (if that makes sense) and my feet naturally point outward. I'm pretty sure there's a specific name for that but I'm not sure what it is. Trying to point my feet inward like that honestly feels really awkward and uncomfortable through my legs and ankles.

Could that be it? Or is it something else? Maybe my form is off somehow? Should I stop trying to do them period or keep trying until I feel my glutes? Is it SUPPOSED to be that way where I can't feel my glutes?