Proud of a totally different kind… but certainly VERY proud!

Not really fitness related, just fancied posting! Today was maintenance volunteering on “our” island, Brownsea Island in the south of the UK. I walked into the museum to do some painting and was met by a lovely surprise: our dioramas were on display!!! They are scenes that depict part of the history of Maryland, a village which was on the island from 1856 till 1962. All that visitors can see of it nowadays are just a few piles of bricks. We researched what the buildings looked like and learned as much about its history as possible. We spent hours and hours (and more hours and more hours!) creating these from scratch.

I decided to call the subtopic Celebrating Milestones…. I have never been a creative person in my life when it comes to art and crafts… and now: my “work of art” is on display in a museum!!! YAY!

Maybe it is fitness related after all: most of you know me as a very active person… well, this shows I can be “non-active” and sit still as well! 🥴

In the replies an overview of one wall of the museum, and the two dioramas (I did the wedding scene, my husband the scene of the destruction in WW2.)

Sorry, I just had to post!

Edited